adventure of link

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

should nintendo try to make a sequel that is similar to zelda 2

yes, it has the possibilities for a neat zelda game albeit different
73%
no. under no circumstances. ill question my sexuality first before i wold ever encourage such rubbish
27%

Total votes: 11

nonewmsgs
Snes9x White Belt

adventure of link

Post by nonewmsgs »

zelda 2 got no love when it came out because it wasnt the same as the legend of zelda. half-side scrolling half-birds eye and all the items were hidden away in palaces. and the story rocked even though it was nowhere to be found in the game!!! only in the manual.

my favorite zelda music still comes from that game with the boss fights and the regular palace fights and even the normal overworld. sure the town music gets old,and i still dont understand why the black monsters attack you in the overworld but then you fight some other enemies but you dont fight anything if you're on the path.

i have every map memorized except that damn last palace whre i still have to make a map. i remember the first turn is left but then i dont remember.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

BAHAHAHAHA

at first I thought this was a thread about me :P

but I think Nintendo should make another one like this.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
nonewmsgs
Snes9x White Belt

Post by nonewmsgs »

it was actually your name that made me think of that. it was always my favorite. are the game boy advance remakes exactly alike?
nonewmsgs
Snes9x White Belt

Post by nonewmsgs »

also neticle will always be the best way to play any zelda game, because you can turn off that obnoxious beeping when your life is low. one of those shape sounds did it like triangle. sometimes i just wanted link to die so it would stop. why havent they ever made a "yeah i know im almost dead, but leave me alone" option for that?
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

This is what TMNT did right compared to Zelda games. When your life got low, it beeped a couple times to warn you, then left you alone, assuming you'd pay attention to that. Why Zelda didn't get the hint, I don't understand. I also never knew that no other NES emus had the sounds options. One thing I don't like about Nesticle-its sounds emulation isn't accurate. In many games, this isn't a problem, but trying to play Snake's Revenge on it or Demon Sword was horrible and demanded FCE Ultra. Now moving on from that rant...

Zelda 2 was mostly loved or hated. Little neutral area. For those who remember the Nintendo Power mags, Zelda 2 did well in the polls, so there were many who loved it, as do I. I think it was a creative spin, and although I'd like to see another 2D sidescroller Zelda, we'll likely never see it. As for your question...

"and i still dont understand why the black monsters attack you in the overworld but then you fight some other enemies but you dont fight anything if you're on the path. "

-I think this was answered in the manual. IIRC, the black monsters just symbolized groups of enemies roving around on the map, and you'd be plunged amonst them if they caught up to you. So the big ones just show stronger enemies while the smaller ones show weaker ones. As for the thing with teh road, monsters were afraid of the open road, so they don't spawn while you're on it and bail out if they catch you on it.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
nonewmsgs
Snes9x White Belt

Post by nonewmsgs »

ahhh that makes so much sense with the monsters catching up and being chased by monsters. though i hate "the weaker" enemies with the zombies that take away life. give me a throwing spear moblin instead of those zombies with the spears in their throat who take away my points.

it was my favorite one, but i still like them all even the 3-D ones although not as much. i am a 2-D guy. from plains geometry to my games everything except my women. women need the third dimension even though it usually comes with attitude.
atx66
Snes9x White Belt

2D sidescroller Zelda

Post by atx66 »

For those who remember the Nintendo Power mags, Zelda 2 did well in the polls, so there were many who loved it, as do I. I think it was a creative spin, and although I'd like to see another 2D sidescroller Zelda, we'll likely never see it.
squall_leonhart69r

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

Piss off spambot.
athenian200
Snes9x White Belt

Post by athenian200 »

I just recently finished playing Zelda 2, incidentally.

It's a decent game, I guess, but it was too hard for stupid reasons, like taking time to trek back to a dungeon through battle scenes, and not being able to get many extra lives. If they make a game like it, they shouldn't make extra lives so scarce, and there should be more than one location to start from if you lose all lives (for instance, the nearest town).

If they make it a little easier and include more character interaction... yeah, I'm all for it.

Though to be honest, what I'd REALLY like to see is another game like Zelda 3/ALttP on a modern console, with the extra space used to host a ridiculous number of dungeons and towns (like maybe 25-50) rather than support better graphics.