What began your love of the SNES?

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
jimluctkirkard
Snes9x White Belt

What began your love of the SNES?

Post by jimluctkirkard »

For me it was going to Sears as a small child with my dad and trying the demo of Super Mario World. I didn't actually own one until around 08 when I found one for $30 at a flea market that came with Super Mario World, some football game, and some wrestling game. I expanded my collection to include Street Fighter 2, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Killer Instinct, and a few others. I ended up selling it, but I miss it more than any console I've owned. I remember being 11 and going to a friend's house and we snuck into his sister's room and "borrowed" the SNES she had and played Street Fighter, Contra 3, Killer Instinct, and Mario Kart all night. We got in trouble, but it was worth it. Last year around August I bought a PS4, and I've barely even touched it for anything other than Netflix. Games from the 90s and early 00s are what I love. My modded Wii and emulators see a lot more action than any other system. I usually play on the PC hooked up to my 50" flat-screen with the PS4 controller, though. Nintendo was onto something with the 4 button layout.
lucas971
Snes9x White Belt

Re: What began your love of the SNES?

Post by lucas971 »

My story stared almost as yours and it also included Super Mario World :)
DaMan
Snes9x White Belt

Re: What began your love of the SNES?

Post by DaMan »

Super Mario World baybay