Shaders question

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Lightning Hunter
Snes9x White Belt

Shaders question

Post by Lightning Hunter »

I am messing around with shaders for the first time ever, and stumbled upon a massive collection of them here:
https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders

However, none of these shaders seem to work in SNES9x (I tried mostly the shaders in the CRT folder). are these particular types of shaders not supported? I downloaded a few other older shaders that work, but all these new shaders don't seem to work.

I am using an SNES9x Testbuild that I believe is dated 4/2/2015.
Noel_RPG
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Shaders question

Post by Noel_RPG »

try using the newest release of snes9x, v1.54.1.
you also need to use xml style shaders.
Khronikos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Khronikos »

Yo, I need help with this too. None of those shaders work. I just get a black screen. What do I need to do here? I really want to use ScaleFX as it looks better than even xBRZ in some ways.

I'm on the newest release.
Mr. Matt Eastwood
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mr. Matt Eastwood »

Hey everybody! I downloaded the shaders package from the OP above, but when I select any of the shaders in the "Use GLSL Shader:" dialog, nothing happens after I click "OK". When I re-open the Preferences dialog again, the checkbox to acivate shaders is un-ticked again.

Has anybody gotten them to work?
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

Our shader support is a bit dated. The Windows port can use the Cg versions of those shaders, but the GTK+ version is still stuck with the original bsnes xml format.

I plan to eventually implement the glslp format, but I’ve not got around to it yet. The format has some pseudo-configurable options that’ll require some UI work, too.