SNES9x CGP Shaders - H4qx-768-hd

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Taran32
Snes9x White Belt

SNES9x CGP Shaders - H4qx-768-hd

Post by Taran32 »

So I'm relatively new to the CGP shaders information that's been posted here in the past, but as it turns out, I did manage to get a fantastic CGP shader working for the latest SNES9x Test Build. That being said, I did have a question regarding a shader I saw mentioned here last summer but can't seem to locate/don't have the knowledge to create myself.

At the moment, I'm using the following:

shaders = 2
shader0 = 5xBR-v3.7c.cg
scale_type0 = viewport
scale0 = 1.0
filter_linear0 = false
shader1 = hq2x-HD-768.cg
scale_type1 = source
scale1 = 2.0
filter_linear1 = false

Though this was posted by another user sometime last summer, I forgot to copy his/her name but in the same thread, they mentioned that they created/used an hq4x-HD-768.cg file in their own trials. My question is, does that still exist somewhere on these forums in either a ZIP archive or thread? I tried Googling it but it just brought me here. Wondering if anyone might have information how where to get that or how to create it on my own with my limited knowledge of CG files.
DaMan
Snes9x White Belt

Re: SNES9x CGP Shaders - H4qx-768-hd

Post by DaMan »

I get 3 different shaders with that name when Googling it (view raw then save as for the 2 code repo ones).
Taran32
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Taran32 »

DaMan wrote:I get 3 different shaders with that name when Googling it (view raw then save as for the 2 code repo ones).
I'm not trying to locate the Hq2x version. That's what I already use. What I'm searching for is the hq4x version of the CG file that one user used himself, posted results from last year using Seiken Densetsu 3 as a base, and whose thread subsequently disappeared before I could ask him to post the entire file.

The one you googled is what I have linked above. That can be saved in Notepad and used as a CG file for your own Snes9x Emulator, though the hq4x is supposed to be an even sharper version. At least from what the thread seemed to suggest.
WalMartCartPusher
Snes9x White Belt

Post by WalMartCartPusher »

Taran32 wrote:
DaMan wrote:I get 3 different shaders with that name when Googling it (view raw then save as for the 2 code repo ones).
I'm not trying to locate the Hq2x version. That's what I already use. What I'm searching for is the hq4x version of the CG file that one user used himself, posted results from last year using Seiken Densetsu 3 as a base, and whose thread subsequently disappeared before I could ask him to post the entire file.

The one you googled is what I have linked above. That can be saved in Notepad and used as a CG file for your own Snes9x Emulator, though the hq4x is supposed to be an even sharper version. At least from what the thread seemed to suggest.
I am not sure, but check through my started threads to see if you can find anything. I remember posting about .CGP and how easy it was to implement and code for. Anyway, I never thought to use Hq4x...and I might give it a try.

If at all..I typically use "scaleN=4" for Hq2x as it yields the same results as Hq4x.