Chrono Trigger bug with SNES9x EX Android.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
andoroido
Snes9x White Belt

Chrono Trigger bug with SNES9x EX Android.

Post by andoroido »

I've been playing the game on my rooted HTC Desire with Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (GingerVilain), and since I started, I've had this weird issue where the game constantly enters the stats menu.

This usually happens when two or more of the virtual game pad buttons are pushed.

It usually happens when I am pressing the D-pad, then I press the press B to make my character run. But when I hit up on the D-pad to make my character run up, it will usually put me into the games stats menu..

If I press B first, then the D-pad (in any direction including up) it won't normally enter the stats menu..

I guess other random button combos will sometimes enter the stats menu, but not as bad as D-pad, then B button, then if I have to press "up" on the D-pad..

I had to play this ROM on my PS3 to get past a certain part the (since the virtual pad on my phone wasn't sensitive enough), and I didn't have the same issue of being randomly entered into the stats menu.

So I thought I'd post here about a bug. :)

Cheers!!!

Thanks for the good work too!! Love the emulator. :D
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Post by Rakashazi »

Are the on-screen controls in the default layout or have you customized them?
falacos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by falacos »

I have excatly same problem, up + b always opens menu. I'm using HTC Desire with android 2.2. And yes, on-screen controls are in the default layout.
andoroido
Snes9x White Belt

Post by andoroido »

falacos wrote:I have excatly same problem, up + b always opens menu. I'm using HTC Desire with android 2.2. And yes, on-screen controls are in the default layout.
Ditto :)

Default controls too. :)
Rakashazi

Post by Rakashazi »

falacos wrote:I have excatly same problem, up + b always opens menu. I'm using HTC Desire with android 2.2. And yes, on-screen controls are in the default layout.
Hmm, the only way the menu opens from the touch screen is by touching the corner hot-spot (upper right with the default layout). I'm releasing 1.3.30 soon which has an option to manually place or disable this altogether, so let me know if there's any change. Anyone have this problem that's not using an HTC Desire on 2.2?
falacos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by falacos »

You misunderstood us, we are talking about games menu not emulators. It happens not only in chrono trigger but in zelda: link to the past.
falacos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by falacos »

Let me rephrase that again, up + b acts like x button (in many games its in-game menu or map).
Rakashazi

Post by Rakashazi »

Oh sorry, you meant the actual menu in Chrono Trigger itself. It sounds like a mulit-touch problem specific to your device. Since Up is in line with the X button horizontally and B is in line vertically, you screen might be sending the wrong coordinates if it's not designed to handle 2 distinct points. Try to move/resize the controls so they're on opposite corners. I wonder if this could this be yet another Desire 2.2 bug that's fixed in 2.3?

Also give this multi-touch test app a try to check if any stray points are showing up:
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... .mtvistest
falacos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by falacos »

Just tested with multi-touch test app, its definitely device bug (i hope its software). The points keep inverting :(
Moved a/b/x/y to top-right position, it helps a bit (menu problem is gone) but from time to time down+b registers as up.