Doesn't seem to respond to multi touch

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Crumpet
Snes9x White Belt

Doesn't seem to respond to multi touch

Post by Crumpet »

On android. I'm at a point in chrono trigger where I need to put in a 'password' which requires multiple buttons pressed at once. It doesn't seem to be responding even when I turn multi touch on. Any ideas?
Crumpet
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Crumpet »

any way to work around this?
Crumpet
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Crumpet »

But how can I successfully trigger three of the onscreen buttons at once? That is what the game is asking me to do.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

congratulations, you replied to a spammer.

anyway, if you can map any of the controls to a hardware button on your phone (if any), then map all of the required buttons (i.e. L, R, and A) to the same physical button. otherwise, you may need to complete that part on a different computer/device by copying your save there, playing through that part, and copying it back afterwards.
Crumpet
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Crumpet »

You're a lifesaver
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

odditude wrote:congratulations, you replied to a spammer.
and as long as that spammer is there, you've also unintentionally replied to it yourself :P

but yes, spammer is defeated, we now return you to your regularly scheduled topic on how to multi-button with the 'droid Snes9X version (which I'll be keeping an eye on, seeing as I'm getting a HTC EVO 4G (or something similarly spec'd but in dual core) in a few months...)

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Re: Doesn't seem to respond to multi touch

Post by Rakashazi »

Crumpet wrote:It doesn't seem to be responding even when I turn multi touch on. Any ideas?
Just wanted to make a small clarification, the "Multitap" option does not refer to using multiple fingers at once but the SNES 5-player adapter. It should remain off unless you specifically need it since some games will complain about it :)