Mac control mapping issue with chrono trigger

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ZX2
Snes9x White Belt

Mac control mapping issue with chrono trigger

Post by ZX2 »

I'm playing chrono trigger and am at the part where you need to hold down L and R. Unfortunately, this does not work on a keyboard, and I do not own a gamepad. The solution for this is to map the two buttons to the same key. Unfortunately, I can't seem to do this. When I go to Config > Configure keyboard and the menu pops up, I can't drag a button onto any keyboard key that is occupied by another button. I am on a Mac intel desktop running 10.7.2 OS X and using Snes9x 1.53. Is there a way to do this on the mac version or do I just have to quit chrono trigger? If there is a way to get around this in Chrono Trigger, could you tell me?
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Re: Mac control mapping issue with chrono trigger

Post by BearOso »

Try temporarily mapping the keys to different sides of the keyboard to reduce the chance the keys are in the same control group. Like:
L -> Z
R -> A
A -> P
for instance. Then hold Z and A and press P.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

or temporarily set L and R to shift and control.
ZX2
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ZX2 »

BearOso wrote:Try temporarily mapping the keys to different sides of the keyboard to reduce the chance the keys are in the same control group. Like:
L -> Z
R -> A
A -> P
for instance. Then hold Z and A and press P.
Thanks, that worked.
caeterk
Snes9x White Belt

Post by caeterk »

I'm not using a Mac but I am having the same issue on my android tablet.....I'm unable to enter the code that the rat gives you once you catch it because the emulator only has L and R not L1 L2 R1 and R2.....
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

caeterk wrote:I'm not using a Mac but I am having the same issue on my android tablet.....I'm unable to enter the code that the rat gives you once you catch it because the emulator only has L and R not L1 L2 R1 and R2.....
...what? you DO realize the SNES only had L and R, right?
caeterk
Snes9x White Belt

Post by caeterk »

yeah i realized that after i posted but whatever the same issue still applies....i have tried and tried to enter the code even messing around with the emulators config to try to map all three buttons to one but no dice. is there a workaround available? or do i just need to give up on this game? :cry: