Snes9x help!!!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
qazedcwsx
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x help!!!

Post by qazedcwsx »

So i downloaded the emulator on my macbook which is on osx mountain lion i think (whatever is the most recent one cuz i just bought this mac) and started up megaman X on it. It worked PERFECTLY, no problems whatsoever. Me being impatient i wanted to skip the intro and i started pressing keys to see which would "skip" it. Suddenly the panel changed to a screen that had like boxes on them and i didn't know what to do. So i decided to just quit it and start it up again. This time however it disappeared, the screen was no where to be found. I could definitely hear the audio but no matter what i did the emulator would not show up, so i restarted my computer. Now every time i open Snes9x and startup a game all my macbook tells me is application not responding and has that stupid spinning volleyball. I deleted all the original content and redownloaded the emulator and the game. Still tells me not responding. Can anyone help...PLEASE?? its bothering the crap out of me.
Recently i also downloaded another game besides megaman X. same thing still happens "application no responding". then i decided to download from a different source and the same thing happens...please help.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Snes9x help!!!

Post by odditude »

this is a stab in the dark, but i'm guessing preferences are saved linux style... so look for a hidden directory called .snes9x in your home directory and nuke it. (yes, there's a period in the filename.)

can't help you with how to do it through finder, since i don't have a mac, but a simple "rm -r ~/.snes9x" would do the job from a terminal window.