SNES9x v7 Won't Open

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
DBZMario
Snes9x White Belt

SNES9x v7 Won't Open

Post by DBZMario »

For some strange reason I was using Snes9x 1.43 v7 application on my computer like 1 hour ago. After pausing the game and closing the application, I cannot open it again. I have tried to restart but that didn't do anything and the snes9x v1.53 is the only one that can open up.

Please can someone tell me what is wrong with the emulator.

I would greatly appreciate it.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Re: SNES9x v7 Won't Open

Post by the_randomizer »

1.43 is extremely outdated/deprecated, please use the newer 1.53.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Things to try:

Reboot your computer. Some aspect of SNES9x might still be in memory and preventing it from starting up again.

Redownload SNES9x 1.43 and stick it in a separate directory; your SNES9x.conf might have gotten corrupted.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

SparroHawc wrote:Redownload SNES9x 1.43 and stick it in a separate directory; your SNES9x.conf might have gotten corrupted.
Actually, this was back when Snes9X still saved things in the registry (in the Windows version); you'll have to read the readme to reset it.

But yeah, as someone else mentioned, 1.43 isn't supported any longer. if it matters it's almost EIGHT (!) years old, and the latest Snes9X (v1.53 or newer) should always be used. (Fun tip: some of the ports (such as Snes9X EX and Snes9X for PSP) are based off of Snes9X v1.43 for whatever reason, so those would be the only two logical exemptions, but the latest version should ALWAYS be used, regardless.)

PS: What exactly is 1.43 v7? :? Snes9X only uses version numbers (1.29, 1.39, 1.43, 1.53, etc), there's usually no "v7" or any other nonsense tagged along with it.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley