Map Button to Exit

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
jefhauschild
Snes9x White Belt

Map Button to Exit

Post by jefhauschild »

In the Windows version of Snes9x, is there any way to map a button to exit the program? I'm trying to setup a Windows Media Center frontend and this feature is the one thing preventing me from using Snes9x.

Thanks for any help.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Alt+F4 is built in, maybe that will work?

Ctrl+W might work too.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
jefhauschild
Snes9x White Belt

Post by jefhauschild »

I meant something that I could change myself, while alt-f4 would work, not while simply sitting on my couch and using my home theater pc (keyboards have a very low wife-acceptance-factor). Other emulators allow an option in their hotkey section to map the close or exit function to anything you want, such as an unused button on my Xbox 360 controller. That way I can close the app and go back to Media Center (utilizing the GameBrowser addon) in a nearly seamless manor.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

You could try Joy2Key and map ALT+F4 to a button on your gamepad...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

There was a request for this a few weeks back. You can use the most recent testbuild, it includes a quit hotkey (on page 4 of the hotkey dialog). Be aware that hotkeys mapped to a controller will only work while a game is running.
jefhauschild
Snes9x White Belt

Post by jefhauschild »

Ok, thanks for the help. I'll check out the test build!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

adventure_of_link wrote:You could try Joy2Key and map ALT+F4 to a button on your gamepad...
I didn't even think of that. Good job pointing it out. You win again, dammit. :P
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!