snes 1.53, mac, hamachi.. minor set up help

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
battlebattle
Snes9x White Belt

snes 1.53, mac, hamachi.. minor set up help

Post by battlebattle »

my friend and i have been trying to get netplay to work for about.. 3 days now with no success..

after learning zsnes doesnt have a 1.42 and lower for mac my searches showed 1.53 had netplay which was good because i like snes better.

the problem now is today was the first hamachi test and we still could not connect (im hosting btw.)

how do we correctly set up hamachi? im pretty computer literate(enough to easy follow any directions.)

i forwarded the ports hamachi suggested to forward. in the hamachi program it keeps telling me to enter a valid address and port address:port but im not 100% sure which ip it wants.. i assume the one for my computer not my internet?

we managed to create the virtual lan but when i click the details of their account it says
connection: direct
authentication: in progress.....
encryption (negotiating)
compression (negotiating)
vpn status ok

um.. what else...
thats pretty much all i guess.. just general help making sure this is set up correctly and then if 1.53 even works well with netplay.

and if not what is the best snes to do this with? i would greatly appreciate anyhelp :(
battlebattle
Snes9x White Belt

Post by battlebattle »

we actually just put or ips in normal and for the first time it said "connecting"

but then his snes9x crashes.

annoying... its 2011 and all i want to do is play some mario with my bud <_<. i cant believe netplay is still this shotty on all the snes.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Don't .... don't expect anything any time soon. Accuracy is one of the major current focuses of SNES9x, and the more accurate you get, the trickier it is to convince the system to play well across the internet due to timing issues, et cetera.