Two cheat dialog suggestions

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
pgyrund
Snes9x White Belt

Two cheat dialog suggestions

Post by pgyrund »

Hello,

First, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. This is a feature request, not a bug report, so it doesn't belong in the Tech Support category. If this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move it to the correct location.

I have a couple of suggestions for the cheat dialog window:

1. Is it possible to add a button to make a one-time value change to the memory address the code points to, rather than freezing the value? Turning the code on and then off again doesn't work because the value resets to what it was at originally upon disabling the code. I am aware that you can keep the assigned value by making a save state while the code is active, then reloading the state after turning the code off, but that is somewhat inconvenient. It would be much better if we could just instantly change the value once.

2. Is it possible to see what the value of the address is when highlighting the cheat code before actually turning it on? The NES emulator NESten does this, and it would be useful to have it here as well.

What are your thoughts on these? I think they would be quite helpful.

Thanks
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Yeah; I agree that the cheat dialog could use a renovation. :P
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
pgyrund
Snes9x White Belt

Post by pgyrund »

I know this topic is a little bit old, but I wanted to check to see if these suggestions are being considered. They haven't been put into the newest release, so do you think they will be included in any future release?