It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:26 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

jessvass1973 wrote:
I run Windows 10 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows 7 64 bit. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried changing the input configuration to joypad 3 but it changes back to 1 again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no idea what else I can do. Can anyone help at all please?

I had a similar problem. Gamepad is seen as a HID-compliant device by Windows 10, and SNES9X will configure it as Joypad easily.

The application obviously receives input because the mapping menu responds to button presses on the gamepad. Once it is configured, however, SNES9X does not respond to any inputs.

I was able to resolve by changing the following option in the snes9x.conf file:

Code:
Handler:Background        = ON         # on to detect keyboard hotkeys when in the background. May impact performance and decrease responsiveness.

The default was OFF. I have seen no issues with performance or responsiveness in spite of the warning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

jessvass1973 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum to see if anyone can shed any light on my issue. I have an autistic 9 year old son and have purchased him a generic controller from Amazon.
The link to the controller is here.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
I run Windows 10 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows 7 64 bit. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried changing the input configuration to joypad 3 but it changes back to 1 again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no idea what else I can do. Can anyone help at all please?

James

After trying to figure this out for ages for myself, I found an answer, I hope you see this. You just need to go to the input menu, select a different input, then click back to "Use Snes Joypad". For some reason you must select another option and go back and it works. I signed up only to reply to you and I hope this helps.