netplay lag??

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
beefy696969
Snes9x White Belt

netplay lag??

Post by beefy696969 »

so i have managed to get netplay working, the games will load no problem, the problem that I am having is lag. The person that is hosting the game (acting as the server ) is fine, but the person that is connecting to the server is experiencing lag.

I have tried being the server, or connecting to the server, and both ways whoever was connecting to the server keeps getting lag, when i was hosting the game, it worked perfectly.

the game loads and you can play fine, its just the lag.

both sides have 25mb lines, so its not a slow connection problem...

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks for your time.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Are you trying to connect over the internet? Or just using a Ehternet cable between the two computers?
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
beefy696969
Snes9x White Belt

Post by beefy696969 »

over the internet.
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

As Camo_Yoshi implies, you're generally not going to have good netplay performance over the internet unless the ping between computers is below the frame-rate of the emulator: 16.6 ms. It was really intended for use in a high-speed LAN setting.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Although you can play over the internet using ZSNES and http://zbattle.net/
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!