ROM's won't load after opening SNES9X.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
JaSo1987
Snes9x White Belt

ROM's won't load after opening SNES9X.

Post by JaSo1987 »

Hello,

I decided to backtrack, so now I'm using Windows 95. When I try to load a ROM, the screen stays blank. Here is my PC info:

DELL OptiPlex GX150
Pentium (1.0 GHz Processor)
256 MB RAM
18 GB Hard Drive

Not sure if this helps, but I'm using SNES9X version 1.43.

Thanks in advance! 8)
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Make sure DirectX 6.0 is installed. Or upgrade to Win98.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
JaSo1987
Snes9x White Belt

Post by JaSo1987 »

Will do... thanks! :D
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

Or download Snes9x 1.52...
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
JaSo1987
Snes9x White Belt

Post by JaSo1987 »

I'll try that, too. Thanks for the ideas!
JaSo1987
Snes9x White Belt

Post by JaSo1987 »

Thanks everyone for all the help. Unfortunately, the computer that I had (with Windows 95 on it) isn't working anymore. The only other computer that I have has Windows XP on it, and I cannot run Windows 9X on it with a 2.8 GHz processor.

I will eventually purchase a computer that is capable of running these operating systems again -- probably on eBay. Until then, I am hoping that the link and information provided by everyone will help others who either have had Windows 9X because they chose not to upgrade, or have chosen to downgrade, just as I did.

Thanks again to everyone for all of their help and contributions.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Just run normal snes9x on your XP machine. >_>'
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

epman5g wrote: Will all the Snes9x forum moderators please remind the_randomizer to READ THE ****** README.TXT FILE of SNES9X 1.52 before advising Windows users to get snes9x 1.52 for Windows?
How about I start asking those people to upgrade to Windows XP and stop using 15 year old OSes? I mean, seriously, what's the point in using Winows 95/98/Mistake Edition?
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

the_randomizer wrote:
epman5g wrote: Will all the Snes9x forum moderators please remind the_randomizer to READ THE ****** README.TXT FILE of SNES9X 1.52 before advising Windows users to get snes9x 1.52 for Windows?
How about I start asking those people to upgrade to Windows XP and stop using 15 year old OSes? I mean, seriously, what's the point in using Winows 95/98/Mistake Edition?
How about we all shut it and ask the OP what his version of Windows is next time (heck anymore most people at least use XP, so...)

In any case, I will put a note in the 1.52 sticky to use at least Windows 2000, though. Also, he chose to go back and play with windows 95, so it's not like he's still far behind in the computer world...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley