XBox 360 Wireless Controller Background Input help needed

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
faronheights
Snes9x White Belt

XBox 360 Wireless Controller Background Input help needed

Post by faronheights »

As the subject suggests, I am trying to figure out a way to allow the XBox 360 Wireless Controller to run in the background while have another window as the focused window for a tracker.

To this point, I have made sure to turn off "Pause While Inactive" and turn on "Enable Background Input". These two combined have allowed the hotkeys still bound to the keyboard to work while the game is technically in the background, but the controller refuses to play ball. I have also scoured every menu, stared at the CONF file and even run the program as Administrator and nothing has worked.

I am currently running SNES9x version 1.54.1 on a Windows 10 Anniversary Edition machine. As a result, the controller is running off of Bluetooth. Any advice on further steps to try and fix this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
BGM
Snes9x White Belt

Re: XBox 360 Wireless Controller Background Input help neede

Post by BGM »

I am having the exact same problem, with the exception that my controller is an XBOX ONE S controller rather than 360, but it is also connecting via Bluetooth, Windows 10, same SNES9X version. I can say that it does not appear that Bluetooth is the culprit since I've tried connecting this same controller in using a USB cable instead. But keyboard input fully responds still even after losing focus.