Light Fantasy save game

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
superfamicomrpgs
Snes9x White Belt

Light Fantasy save game

Post by superfamicomrpgs »

In 1.54.1, the Japanese RPG Light Fantasy doesn't save games. The game says the save has succeeded, but the save is not there. Also for some reason the cursor starts on save file 3 instead of 1.

In bsnes .94 it works fine, and I've never had problems saving any other games in Snes9x. Save states work fine.
superfamicomrpgs
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Light Fantasy save game

Post by superfamicomrpgs »

I realize it might be helpful to say how to get to the save dialogue, since it's all in Japanese (I didn't see a post edit option)

1. When you start the game, just keep hitting A to get through the dialogue until you have control.
2. Walk to the bed, then hit A to get through more dialogue.
3. When you have control again, choose アイテム, then めがみのしょ, and that will bring up the save option. When you select a save slot, it should then show a saved game in that slot before exiting the menu. Instead, it just says it saved successfully but nothing appears in the slot.

To be clear, I think this is an issue with the emulation of Light Fantasy -- I've had no other issues doing game saves on either of my computers, and I had the same result on both computers.