Snes9x Sound/Audio Quality Issue

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
DeadSkullzJr
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x Sound/Audio Quality Issue

Post by DeadSkullzJr »

Hello Snes9x developers, I have encountered some issues while I was playing some of my Super Metroid games on the latest build (v1.54.1). Some moments in the game(s) the sound would get a bunch of annoying static. It would go away however if I moved to another spot in a room or if I go into another room. I thought maybe my rom was acting up so I tested it with ZSNES and had no issues. I have tried messing with the sound quality and everything, still ended up having static issues, I know my headphones are not messed up because they are brand new, I switched headphones and got the same result. Any idea what I can do to fix this; any new Snes9x version coming out to fix this?
DeadSkullzJr
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9x Sound/Audio Quality Issue

Post by DeadSkullzJr »

DeadSkullzJr wrote:Hello Snes9x developers, I have encountered some issues while I was playing some of my Super Metroid games on the latest build (v1.54.1). Some moments in the game(s) the sound would get a bunch of annoying static. It would go away however if I moved to another spot in a room or if I go into another room. I thought maybe my rom was acting up so I tested it with ZSNES and had no issues. I have tried messing with the sound quality and everything, still ended up having static issues, I know my headphones are not messed up because they are brand new, I switched headphones and got the same result. Any idea what I can do to fix this; any new Snes9x version coming out to fix this?
Static as in crackling. I hope you guys understand what I meant lol.
Noel_RPG
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Noel_RPG »

are you using a 32bit or 64bit version of snes9x 1.54.1?
and how fast is your computer and what OS are you using? (CPU type & speed, how much memory [RAM], OS version)

I nearly don't have the sound crackling problems with the super metroid game using snes9x 1.54.1 x64 on a Windows 7 x64 edition desktop PC, Intel Core i5-2310 (2.90 Ghz quad-core) CPU with 8Gb of RAM. I have to disable my internet connection while playing games in snes9x so my game won't be interrupted or make "crackling" sounds. Also update or install the latest sound card drivers for your computer (if necessary).
DeadSkullzJr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by DeadSkullzJr »

Noel_RPG wrote:are you using a 32bit or 64bit version of snes9x 1.54.1?
and how fast is your computer and what OS are you using? (CPU type & speed, how much memory [RAM], OS version)

I nearly don't have the sound crackling problems with the super metroid game using snes9x 1.54.1 x64 on a Windows 7 x64 edition desktop PC, Intel Core i5-2310 (2.90 Ghz quad-core) CPU with 8Gb of RAM. I have to disable my internet connection while playing games in snes9x so my game won't be interrupted or make "crackling" sounds. Also update or install the latest sound card drivers for your computer (if necessary).
I am using a GTX 1060 6GB (GPU), Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based operating processor, and running Windows 10 Pro. I did some testing and found out that Bandicam likes to collide against Snes9x's sound for some reason, I do not like using the built in recording system in Snes9x, I prefer all my videos to be mp4 at max quality. All I can do is wait and see if someone will make Snes9x work properly with Bandicam without the crackle.
DeadSkullzJr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by DeadSkullzJr »

DeadSkullzJr wrote:
Noel_RPG wrote:are you using a 32bit or 64bit version of snes9x 1.54.1?

I am using a GTX 1060 6GB (GPU), Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based operating processor, and running Windows 10 Pro. I did some testing and found out that Bandicam likes to collide against Snes9x's sound for some reason, I do not like using the built in recording system in Snes9x, I prefer all my videos to be mp4 at max quality. All I can do is wait and see if someone will make Snes9x work properly with Bandicam without the crackle.
I wish I could edit my post to say this but I cannot seem to find the "Edit Post" feature.

I just found out that it only crackles with Bandicam when I set Snes9x to full screen. So I feel there is an issue with Snes9x and its full screen functionality.